Japanese mind, which has been lost recently.
JIDAIYA’s mission is to offer traditional Japanese cultures to the current society in visible form.
We offer not only rickshaw but also traditional Japanese cultures & entertainment programs.
Rickshaw runs. Struggling with slopes, slithering through narrow alleys, threading through residential areas.
Kicking through cold snow, passing under bloomed flowers, stepping onto fallen leaves, going against fierce gusts.
Rickshaw is slow. Much, much slower than an airplane, a car, even slower than a bicycle.
In this era, we can have a day trip from Hokkaido to Okinawa while rickshaw could take an hour to go to the next town in some cases.
Modern technology enables thousands of people to be transported while rickshaw carries only one or two passengers at most.
We, however, love this vehicle which runs on human speed.
We love this vehicle which has an ability of human beings’ limitation.
Travel became nothing but a way of transportation, as its time was drastically cut.
Accommodation is just a place to stay, as time-consuming booking process was dramatically saved.
Towns turned into cities. Roads lost its soil, landscape lost its alleys.
Our grasses, grounds, trees, forests are all gone.
Instead, we have wealthy life around us, but…
Look. We wonder if we are missing something on our way.
JIDAIYA runs rickshaw.
The driver skilfully avoids street pebbles, balances his vehicle on ramps to mitigate uncomfortable wobbling.
Passengers appreciate his consideration by giving eyes to his sweaty back silently.
Driver and passengers are blended into one unit.
Rickshaw runs. With a man on it. A man runs. Runs into the era. JIDAIYA runs.
With a heart of once-in-a-life-time encounter.
■ History ■
- JIDAIYA is established in Yokohama
- Operate Rickshaw shop during the Yokohama exposition
- Start rickshaw for wedding in Asakusa
- Relocate to Asakusa and ran sightseeing rickshaw business with business partners
- Start sightseeing rickshaw business on a full scale in front of the Kaminarimon gate, Asakusa
- JIDAIYA Ltd. is established and the office is opened in the back of Sensoji Temple Start ‘Costume play’ in the shop
- Reorganize to JIDAIYA Co.
Open the Asakusa information website ‘asakusa-e.com’ and it is certified as Community Support Projects of 21st century in Taito ward
- ‘Asakusa-e.com’ is certified as the Official Site of Internet exhibition and awarded the chief editor prize
- Start temporary booth for ‘street picture-story show’
- Relocate the office in front of the Kaminarimon gate
- Start temporary booth for ‘Mom and pop candy shop’
- Start Asakusa sightseeing guide by electric talking pen
Start ‘Barrier-Free Rickshaw Station’
- Relocate the office and establish Meijikan office and Edokura studio
Start ‘Traditional Japanese culture experiences program’
Start ‘Kimono and Yukata rental’
- Start ‘Palanquin experience’
- Start ‘Shamisen experience’
- Start ‘Samurai sword experience (Iaido)’
- Establish Komagata studio
Start ‘Samurai armor experience (with studio photoshoot)’
Start ‘Tsumami-zaiku; Japanese pinching craft experience’
- Start ‘Japanese Flower Arrangement Experience’
■ Corporate Profile ■
- Founded in
- Established in
- Hidenori Fujiwara
- Capital stock
- 10 million yen
- Asakusa sightseeing rickshaw, Wedding rickshaw, Event rickshaw, Produce for Japanese-style wedding, Japanese traditional performing arts & entertainments, Street picture-story show, Costume play with photoshoot, Produce for Japanese-style events, Traditional Japanese culture experience programs, Operate Asakusa information website
- Enrolled group
- The Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Asakusa Shops Associations, Asakusa Sightseeing Rickshaw Associations
- 111-0034 2-3-5 Kaminarimon, Taito Ward, Tokyo
- https://www.jidaiya.biz 「JIDAIYA」
Contact Jidaiya for reservations and inquiries.